Youth Module 1 - State Youth License - 9 Years Old and Younger
This course is designed specifically for the U6 to U9 coach. During three hours of online and field instruction, coaches are taught the proper techniques for these age groups.
• Philosophy of coaching U6-U9 and younger players
• Characteristics of U6-U9 and younger
• Team administration and risk management
• Prevention and care of soccer injuries
• Appropriate activities for U6-U9 and younger players
• Organizing a youth training session
• Laws of the Game: modified
• AN OPEN MIND
• Minimum age - 16 years old
Course Length: 3 hours
Cost: Free to San Marcos Youth Soccer Coaches. While there is a nominal fee for the trational class, SMYS will cover this fee for all of our coaches.
It is mandatory that a recreational coach hold a Youth Module 1 or Youth Module 3 certificate to coach in SMYS, an affiliate member of Cal South.