The Director of Recreation Programs shall be the liaison between the Board of Directors and Divisional Coordinators, and is responsible for the day-to-day operation of all recreation programs. Recreation programs include, but are not limited to, team formation, player evaluations, coach recruitment, league playoffs, post season tournaments and rules of play. He shall have the following responsibilities:
- Communicate the objectives of the SMYS Recreational program to the Members and Divisional Coordinators and work them to promote the Five Principles of Play.
- Responsible for handling the general activities within the respective age divisions pertaining to recreational play.
- Shall be responsible for the recruitment and placement of team coaches. He may delegate recruitment and placement responsibilities to appropriate Divisional Coordinators.
- Will be responsible for creating team rosters in a fair and equivalent manner.
- Will be responsible for the scheduling or rescheduling of games in his age divisions.
- Will be the escalation path for complaints originating from his divisions.
- Shall submit a recommendation to establish, revise and/or amend the Rules and Regulations pertaining to the age divisions U05 – U19.